Thursday, February 24, 2011

Daily Journal 2/24

One of the scariest moments I've recently had was when I got myself lost in a really long shopping district in Kyoto, Japan. My school group of 12 and I split up into groups of 3-4 and we were given about an hour in a half to explore the shopping district and buy whatever we wanted. There were a ton of nice shops, from places where you could buy actual Japanese cuisine to buying Yukatas (Japanese robes). During the shopping, I decided to try to follow two other guys in my group, not sure exactly where they were going, and in a couple seconds, I lost them and the other guys in my group from the giant crowd. I ended up getting lost for about 15-20 minutes, running to one side hoping it was near the place to meet when we were done. I didn't have my cell phone with me since American phones don't actually work in Japan. But when one of the group members found me, I felt reliefed and pretty embarrassed for not knowing where to go to get to the meeting place. I got a Yukata at a small shop and went with the group and went back to the meeting place in front of the station and left for our next destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment